[Vision2020] Roy Atwood vs. Doug Wilson

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 29 14:09:04 PDT 2005

During the showing of the film "My Town" and the subsequent panel discussion
tonight, Roy Atwood said:

"I don't actually belong to Christ Church anymore.  I attend Trinity
Reformed."

Does Doug know that these two are not the same church anymore?

"Steve Wilkins was not talking about property owners being the only ones
allowed to vote in today's world.  He was referring to the way things were
when this country began."

Uh...what?  So during the news conference in which he made this statement
and both Doug and Mr. Grant agreed with him, he was "referring" to something
that happened yester-year?

"We can't have an honest and open dialogue when our businesses are being
spat on, when our cars are being spat on, when our people are being
harassed."

Again I ask - PRODUCE ANY VERIFIABLE POLICE REPORT that states ANY of this
has ever happened much less having happened recently.  Poor-me syndrome is
very catching, apparently, as Doug has been spouting this nonsense for over
two years now.  I'd be careful of the water in Anslem House if I were you,
Roy.

"Doug maybe associated with some of the businesses and organizations
associated with Christ Church members..."

MAYBE?  Like MAYBE the sky is blue?  Like MAYBE fire burns?  Like MAYBE is
an adverb which is attempting to describe Doug's activities?  Like MAYBE =
perhaps, could be, well ok - is?

Roy Atwood has invited anyone/everyone interested in getting to know the
people of Christ Church or NSA to "join them at the buildings" so the
community can learn just how much Kirkers really do want to be a part of the
community.

SUGGESTION:  Instead of everyone flocking to see you guys, Roy, why not try
coming out of your shell, taking your head out of the sand, extracting
yourselves from the depths of singleness and YOU ALL come out to help this
community grow and prosper as a community instead of trying so hard to make
it a Christ Church community?

J  ;)

P.S. Barbara Crouch will be sorely missed when she leaves.  Hopefully, some
day, she will be comfortable enough and feel safe enough to return to Moscow
because we have truly become a city that protects and encourages ALL of our
citizens.

P.S.S.  I got the feeling from Roy's many statements last night that either
he is distancing himself from Doug, Doug is distancing himself from the
church with his actions and writings or the church is attempting a coupe and
distancing ITSELF from Doug.  Whatever the case may be, it is my hope that
the people of Chirst Church will honestly try to become a part of Moscow's
people and stop seeing everyone as either a "them or us" "christians or
seclurests".  As was stated last night, there are MANY religions in Moscow
and Christ Church is the ONLY one that has raised this kind of fear, hate,
apprehension, discourse and just plain bad feelings that this town is now
experiencing.