[Vision2020] time to move on??

Debbie Gray dgray at uidaho.edu
Thu Jul 28 22:45:40 PDT 2005

Is it just me or could we move along to some other horse to flog to death?

A few people state they are happy (and that we should ALL be happy!)
with President White's decision. Christ Church is providing grape juice to
those alleged alcoholics-in-training (and really i cannot imagine my 7 and
3 year olds preferring to slog 1.5 tsp of wine over SUGAR FORTIFIED GRAPE
DRINK)

So really what else is there to discuss? There has been a compromise.
Let's move on! Let's see, a combined use of less than 2 gallons of cheap
wine is a drug epidemic sweeping Latah County OR the ever growing meth
problem in more and more economically vulnerable rural areas? Hmmmm.
That's a brain wrencher.

And why do people insist on posting blurbs from opposing view blogs??? Who
cares if that Chuck Blitherstone in South Minnetonkasota is repelled by
recent
activities in Moscow? Why is it relevant? Why is it clogging up this
venue???

I recently attended a weeklong community development institute in Boise
and one of our sessions was on community diversity (with Sam Byrd,
wonderful man). I must say that the general opinion of the activities in
Moscow are less than positive about ANYTHING that has been going on here,
it's not like either 'side' can claim the moral high ground in the name of
god, diversity, community, justice, human rights, etc. Take a step back
and see what this is doing to Moscow, one side can't be the only
polarizing presence. (And I think those opinions ARE relevant because they
are from people in this community, near this community, work with people
in this community, state, etc and that are taking a big picture view)

It takes a lot for me to defend a wildly conservative, religious
organization that I shareabsolutely NO beliefs with BUT I HAVE BEEN
COMPELLED TO DO IT MORE AND MORE LATELY. Step outside of your 'circle' and
start listening to ALL the voices in Moscow. Tom Hansen, Rose Huskey,
Saundra Lund, etc do not speak for all of us. I am not insulting or
demeaning those people and I certainly hope it is not taken in that
way. Neither do Doug Wilson, Doug
Jones, Doug Stambler, Douglas MacArthur, Doug the Slug, Doogie Howser,
etc. represent all of Moscow.

I can't believe how one can be labelled as an enemy of human rights and
diversity by simply having a YUMMY CRISPY BREAKFAST PASTRY IN ZUMES. How
ridiculous is that??? And at the same time, though I am certainly not a
'prude' by anyone's definition, I really don't like driving by the Beach's
readerboard and hear my 7 year old pipe up 'HEY MOM, WHAT'S A FAKE ORGASM
CONTEST? CAN I GO??' But it seems in this town you either have to support
fake orgasm contests or honey breakfast rolls.  If you're not with us,
then you're an evil mind-washed _________ (fill in blank with your choice
of 'conservative nutjob' or 'liberal sociopath')  How pitiful is that?

I try to respect all of the opinions going on, whether I agree with them
or not. To me that is one basis of a civilized community, MUTUAL RESPECT,
but it is getting harder and harder to respect these claims on either
side.

I am sad to see what is happening here. I am sad to see how few people
participate in this forum. I am sad to see what this forum has degenerated
into. Isn't this why people invented Blogs??? Take your 'who's more clever
than me' pissing matches to your own domain, give us all a break.

running for what?  Why don't people clean up their dog poop at East City
Park or any other park? What's the new co-op going to look like? What's
the status of the school facilities issue? What exactly is being built
next to McDonald's on Highway 8? Will anyone move into Tidyman's before
Ben Affleck wins an Oscar? Will UI employees ever get a raise? What's the
scoop on the water rates? Is Keanu Reeves as bad of an actor as everyone
says (but so visually appealing!)? Will Carl Westberg and Angelina Jolie
ever go public? Paper or plastic? Would you like fries with that? Can you
hear me now???? Can we stage a Fake Honey Breakfast Pastry-gasm contest?

Debbie

  Debbie Gray      dgray at uidaho.edu

It's not true that life is one damn thing after another; it is one damn
thing over and over--Edna St. Vincent Millay (1892-1950)