[Vision2020] Establishment Joan

Joan Opyr joanopyr at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 28 22:32:45 PDT 2005

On Jul 28, 2005, at 9:53 PM, Doug Jones wrote:

> Joan Opyr wrote:
>
>> "The University of Idaho is a state institution, and it must obey
>> state law; . . . Doug Wilson, in choosing to hold his communion
>> service in the Kibbie Dome has chosen to obey state law."
>

> The Idaho Constitution:
>
> "SECTION 4.  GUARANTY OF RELIGIOUS LIBERTY. The exercise and enjoyment
> of
> religious faith and worship shall forever be guaranteed;"

And that applies to religious ceremonies held in rented state
basketball courts how?  As the use of wine is NOT required at services
at the Logos Field House, why insist that wine be used at the
state-owned Kibbie Dome?  I have it from numerous Christ Church
members, both current and former, that grape juice is always offered at
Christ Church Field House services every Sunday.  So, why are you
making such a fuss over serving "the good stuff" at the Kibbie Dome?
Do you want to celebrate communion or do you want to give the state
(and the University of Idaho) a face full of fives?

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.auntie-establishment.com

PS: What is this Kibbie Dome service all about anyway?  Is Doug Wilson
feeling upstaged by Joel Osteen?  Holy Communion among the basketball
hoops, the jogging track, and the big spit buckets -- not exactly
conducive to worship, but mighty darned showy.  I hope you'll be
filming it.