[Vision2020] Women's Temperance Movement and Evil Plots

Nate Wilson natewilson at moscow.com
Thu Jul 28 20:52:55 PDT 2005

Dear Joan,
    Maybe you missed my last little cyber note. My dad didn't call up
Dave Johnson and initiate this story. But that's beside the point.
You've been reading Grishman again, and have therefore been uncovering
political machinations.
    Scenario One (sometimes known as Doug's story): We have picked up
certain patterns in the behavior of one Rosemary and one Saundra. If
we're doing something, they won't like it. And they consult the Prophet
Retentive until they come up with a suitable complaint. They would now
like university caterers to oversee (and interupt if necessary) a two
thousand year old religious ceremony to make sure kids aren't allowed.
It's about the kids. Vote yes for kids.
    Scenario Two (Joan's): Knowing full well that Rosemary and Saundra
can't resist salmon eggs, we slid one on our hook. Why? A publicity
stunt that's why. We want to get in the middle of a Supreme Court
battle. And we anticipated things rather well, don't you think? We've
loved every other legal tangle we've been in so much that we thought
that we'd like to be prosecuted by the UI, and golly, why not their
caterer too. Oh, and it will help NSA also. The zoning and property tax
flaps didn't boost enrollment as much as we'd hoped.
    Scenario Three (my version): Bush called me and asked me to talk my
dad into it. Since I didn't vote for him, it's the least I could do. The
GOP needs a church to have a fight with a university caterer right now.
    Cheers.
NDW