[Vision2020] Thanks Nick: A Few Suggestions

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Mon Jul 25 16:48:01 PDT 2005

Nick et. al.

Thanks for posting "Doug Wilson Confirms My Thesis."

Many excellent points.

In a critical reading, the following suggestions came to mind:

# 6 might be over the top, given that financial corruption or fraud of
various kinds has probably occurred at other CEC Churches, given universal human
temptations to stick hands in the cookie jar, which of course you might not know
about, given that it would be well hidden.  But then if it has occurred at
other CEC Churches, how does this example really distinguish Wilson's
Christianity from other CEC Church's Christianity?  Ethically questionable or illegal
financial conduct probably occurs at a significant number of churches of all
faiths, just as it does in secular institutions.  If you make the point that
Wilson's Christianity justifies this sort of financial shenanigans, arguing they
are above IRS laws in this regard based on their theology, then this would be a
different point.

Also, at the bottom of your post under #16, you mention "New Man."  I suspect
the anonymous Vision2020 list serve member "New Man" was a fraud doing a
satire on Christ Church, not a member of this church.  Do you have solid evidence
that "New Man" was a Christ Church member?  I would be curious to know if
there is solid evidence regarding this person's true identity.

Ted Moffett