[Vision2020] RE: Illegal underage alcohol, anyone?

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 23 21:57:35 PDT 2005

"I am sure that when you got back from the puddle you were fairly miffed
when society deemed you to be not responsible enough to drink.  I know I
was.  Nothing like being a young buck Sergeant in class A's and being told
that you can not pick up a bottle of wine to take to a get home dinner with
the folks.  As with most, at that time I am sure you felt that you had
proven that you were able to handle those things responsibly, as you had
proven while serving your country.

Phil Nisbet "

You're kidding, right?  How many brigs were/are full of how many
sailors/soldiers that have come off  R&R drunk?  How many have spent 10(+)
years for actions that resulted from them taking too much time "handleing
those things respnosibly"?  A uniform does not prove an ability to be
responsible.  Just ask the many Amerasians we left in country.

No, I am not saying a uniform precludes these types of actions, either.  I
am just saying that one does NOT lead to the other - necessarily.

J  ;)