[Vision2020] Palouse Basin Water Summit- Managing our Regional Resource

Jon Kimberling jonk at n-k-ins.com
Sat Jul 23 12:47:59 PDT 2005

I wanted to provide some advance notice of an important upcoming event in
Moscow. Please mark your calendars for October 6 & 7 to attend the Palouse
Basin Water Summit.

The conference will take place at the University Inn-Best Western. It will
get started midday Thursday the 6th and run until midday Friday the 7th. In
the next couple weeks we should have detailed information available. In the
meantime, let me emphasize a couple points:

1.	Our intention is to keep the cost of the conference to an absolute
minimum. In fact, if we can obtain enough support from other funding
sources, the conference may be free(other than the cost of food to those who
chose to pay for it).
2.	The overriding goal of the conference will be to allow all
stakeholders within the Palouse Basin to begin laying the foundation for
long term planning of our water supply. As such, sustainability and
community planning will be central themes.
3.	If you can't attend during the day, please know that Patrick Shea,
former director of the Bureau of Land Management, has already committed to
be the keynote speaker at our evening session.

As additional information becomes available, I will let you know.

Jon Kimberling

Water Summit Committee Member