[Vision2020] Marshmellows anyone?

DonaldH675 at aol.com DonaldH675 at aol.com
Sat Jul 23 09:25:30 PDT 2005

Visionaries:

Once again, Doug Wilson is dragging twigs to the fire as he tries to  portray
himself as the hapless victim of feminist Torquemadas conducting an auto  da
fe.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  Doug Wilson as  martyr?
Hardly!  Ms. Lund and I in Dominican drag?  Not  likely!!!!! Instead, let's consider
the plain, unvarnished, not very  sensational truth of this situation.

When Doug Wilson gyrates to avoid state and local laws, and is caught  out,
he always has the unmitigated gall to cry foul.  When  he is held to the same
behavioral standards and civil statutes as the rest  of us, he boohoos
publicly.  Although Doug's  self-aggrandizing  and frequently lame-brained ideas are
apparently applauded by his  congregation, thankfully we are not numbered among
that  group.  Consequently, we are able to question his judgement and
actions (in so far as they impinge upon the community) without the very  real fear
of economic or social sanctions which serve  to limit internal criticism of
kirk leadership.

We have no interest, nor have we ever commented on the way in  which Christ
Church conducts communion rituals during worship services on  private property.
 We draw the line at providing alcohol to minors on state  owned property.
That's the whole, and frankly, not very exciting  story.

Rose Huskey

"Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out  the exact
amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon  them; and these
will continue until they are resisted with either words or  blows, or both. The
limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those  whom they oppress."
Frederick Douglass