[Vision2020] Latah County Sheriff's Dept. Error On Internet

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Mon Jul 18 13:15:19 PDT 2005

All:

Doing a simple Google search for "douglas w jacobs moscow idaho" generates
for the first hit a release from the Latah County Sheriff's Dept. titled "OFFICE
OF THE SHERIFF," wrongly identifying Douglas W. Jacobs arrested as the
correction of this mistaken identification in the press release indicates.  There is
no correction of this mistaken identification that shows on the first couple
of pages of these results from Google, so I suspect the correction does not
currently appear in this Google search.

Substituting a "r" for the "w" in the same Google search generates no hit
whatsoever that I found from the Latah County Sheriff's Dept. regarding this
arrest.

Perhaps a public release that appears on a Google search on the Internet for
"douglas w jacobs moscow idaho" from the Latah County Sheriff's Dept.,
correcting the error in the original public release of the identity of the man
arrested, is appropriate?

The Internet creates problems in correcting serious mistaken identifications
of people for criminal behavior, that's for sure!

HTML link generated from simple Google search for "douglas w jacobs moscow
idaho":

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:QQivxJhpFRMJ:www.latah.id.us/Dept/Sheriff_PressRelease_Marijuana2.pdf+douglas+w+jacobs+moscow+idaho&hl=en

A pdf link to the same release:

http://www.latah.id.us/Dept/Sheriff_PressRelease_Marijuana2.pdf.