[Vision2020] It's alive, alive!

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 11 06:31:04 PDT 2005

Tom

What exact felony is being committed?  I just want to understand what I am
being accused of turning my back on.

Every small town is loaded with people who are not quite following the P&Z
Code and the more complex that set of ordinances is, the more people there
are who are in breech of it.  Its still a misdemenor not a felony.

So you are going to have to excuse me for wondering why the mole hill
involving a few tens of thousands of dollars is more important than trying
to see that we get millions in new investment into the area and into the
University.

If you are serious about wanting to help see the University move forward,
spend some of the time you do on this list now offering to volunteer to
carry out research or assistance for Barbara and the LEDC.  Or if that is
not to your liking, try talking to the County Commissioners and offer to do
work on general county development and things they can present to the Idaho
Association of Counties to build votes for us in Boise come next legislative
cycle.

And would it not make sense that the MCA, if it is indeed to be an
organization that supports comunity debate, set a forum to discuss how we
can build those bridges?

Because, Tom, for myself, I am already talking to legislators from other
areas trying to convince them that we are not the center for all evil.  I am
trying to convince them that the U of I can be part of the solution to
places like Lemhi, Clark, Teton and other counties.

So, how about you talking to Lois and seeing if she wants to set up an MCA
sponsered forum that will foster debate?

Phil Nisbet