[Vision2020] It's alive, alive!

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Jul 11 05:55:22 PDT 2005

Mr. Nisbet stated:

"The only way we have to insure that our University here is strong is to
build internal consensus and then to build coalitions with other rural areas

to get the votes to hold some clout in the Legislature."

What you are suggesting is the formulation of a special interest group
designed to place pressure on state legislators to prevent the state
vultures from any further picking of what may become the UI carcass.  I
agree with you 100%, Mr. Nisbet.  Perhaps you would be interested in
organizing such a group.

Mr. Nisbet goes on to say:

" . . . fight your inclination to bite people's heads off, roll up your
sleeves and start building consensus with people you normally disagree
with."

In other words, fall in line, don't make waves, and don't look under any
rugs or rocks.

Nothing could be worse than to ignore what is happening around you, Mr.
Nisbet.  What is your option?  To ignore what happens here in Vandalville,
believing that things will self-correct over time?  When should we finally
take a stand and say that enough is enough?

In keeping with your earlier suggestion, Mr. Nisbet, we have formed an
"internal consensus".  Doug Wilson has labeled this consensus "The Nasty
Nine" or "The Intoleristas".  There is no heavy lifting and the hours are
great.

If you are serious about organizing a coalition for the sake of saving UI,
count me in.  Just tell me where and when.

Until then . . .

Take care, Moscow.

"Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of
others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of
hope."

Robert F. Kennedy
(1925-1968, American Attorney General, Senator)