[Vision2020] Responsible for Moscow's Homosexual Sin: Evangelical Free, Bridge Bible Church, Trinity Baptist, Church of the Nazarene, Christian Life Center

New man 1564_2 at mail.com
Fri Jul 8 22:54:20 PDT 2005

Garret Clevenger,

On homosexuality, the Bible is clear. God hates them and has provided
that they be put to death by the civil authority. Now, the implementation
of all this must occur with all wisdom and love. Enforcement of God's law
is compassion.

On the other hand, it's not only the homosexuals of Moscow that need to
repent. Spitiually castrated churches are the cause (e.g., Evangelical
Free, Bridge Bible Church, Trinity Baptist, Church of the Nazarene,
Christian Life Center, et al.).

I offer the following article to our local offending churches as a rebuke
and a call to repentence.

"Arrows in the Hand of a Limp-Wristed Man," by Ben Merkle

The homosexual movement is by necessity a parasitic movement. Gay men
don't reproduce and lesbians only do so with some clever science or
helpful friends. Therefore, the gay world is a necessarily barren world
and depends on the straight community for its children. Without the
children of heterosexuals, the homosexuals could have no next generation.
But, despite the homosexual sterility, the gay movement seems to have no
shortage of new blood. So where do they all come from? The answer is
fairly tragic. They come from the Church.

Christianity has become a spiritually castrated movement. As a Church we
are not able to reproduce. We might produce children of the flesh, a host
of Ishmaels, but no children of the promise, no Isaacs. Our children grow
up in the Church only to lose interest in the faith and to walk away from
the blood of Christ and the glories of the New Covenant. We have grown so
used to losing our children to unbelief that we have begun to expect it.
We expect apostasy so much that we grow skeptical of children who do not
abandon the faith. And so the Church has become the incubator for the
next generation of homosexuals.

But the expectation of apostasy is the spirit of the age and is actually
larger than the Church. We expect our children to rebel against us, but
so do the pagans. They all expect to face the day when their children
will spit on the gods of their forefathers and strike out in a new
direction. They expect this because this is what they did when they were
young and (not being very imaginative) they can't fathom anyone being
different. Vegetarians know that under the influence of bad friends their
children will begin sneaking out in the middle of the night to
McDonald's. Pacifists expect to discover their sons enlisted in the
Marine Corps. Tree Huggers know that their children will someday probably
take up whittling. Rebellion is an essential ingredient of American
childhood. It's part of the American liturgy. So it's no wonder that the
homosexual community expects our children to rebel since this is expected
by everyone, including us.

The Church must repent of this terrible lack of faith. How can we say
that we believe the Gospel, a Gospel which has been founded on promises
to a thousand generations, when we don't even believe in blessings to the
next generation? The Psalmist describes the children of one's youth as
arrows in the hand of a mighty man. Our children are meant to stand next
to us in the fight against God's enemies. But here we are staring at
quivers full of arrows and all anyone sees are fresh recruits for our
enemies. Run a thought experiment. Imagine two men in a small town
debating the dangers of a particularly potent local Reformed Church which
has begun causing a hubbub in the town.1 The congregation is about one
thousand, which is particularly large for that community. Now one man
says to the other, rather dismissively, that of those thousand church
members, almost seven hundred are children. Should this fact make one
more nervous or less nervous about the potency of the Church? What a
terrible tragedy that a host of children in the Church's ranks calms the
opposition, rather than filling them with fear.

Try another thought experiment. Imagine America at its founding, with a
deep and glorious Christian heritage. Now imagine the overwhelming number
of American Christian fathers raising their children to know the Lord.
And imagine that continuing for just ten generations. What would modern
America look like? How would things be different? So, why is it that we
think the homosexual movement is a political problem requiring a
political solution? Why is it that we think the heart of the problem is
the shanghaiing of state legislatures or renegade judges in San
Francisco? We continue our fevered politicking all the while handing the
arrows made for the hand of a mighty man over to the opposition,
generation after generation. The problem is us. The problem is in our
churches and our families, not in our legislatures. We don't raise our
children faithfully. And then, when our children turn on us and join the
opposition, we blindly blame a political agenda.

Anyone serious about combating the homosexual movement must begin at home
with repentance and faithful child rearing. And what a blessing from God
that the most important battle the Church faces begins when you come home
from work, take your tie off, and begin wrestling with your son. How many
Christians, pastors in particular, neglect to play with their kids
because they are busy doing the work of the kingdom? But in doing so,
they are actually neglecting the most important work of the kingdom.
Isn't it a tragedy that a young man would grow up to find the fellowship
of sodomy more lovely and enjoyable than the fellowship of the saints?
But how many Christian fathers are busy making it easy for their sons to
draw just that sort of conclusion?

We have been given a kind, caring, loving Father in Heaven, whose
attention is never hard to get, and we have been commanded to imitate Him
to our children. In the whole fight against homosexuality, this is the
most important agenda for us to pursue.

--
Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm