[Vision2020] Coming soon to the Ball & Cross Bookstore . . .

joanopyr at earthlink.net joanopyr at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 7 13:46:16 PDT 2005

Scott asks:

> PS: Joan, have you ever met a Doug that you've liked.

Yes.  I like Doug Amos, Melynda's uncle.  I also like Douglas Fairbanks,
Jr., the swashbuckling 20s and 30s film star.  Otherwise, I fear the name
is cursed, and I caution all pregnant women to avoid calling their
offspring Doug.  Unless, of course, it's apparent at delivery that the baby
was born with two placentas . . . one for his body and another for his ego;
then, of course, Doug is the obvious choice.

Now, take away the "u," and you have something else entirely: dog.  I have
never met a dog I didn't like.  From chihuahuas to St. Bernards, all dogs
are a delight to me.  More evidence (as if any were needed) that I'm a
bitch?  Probably.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.auntie-establishment.com

PS: I see that Donovan has now added economic development to his
ever-expanding list of subject expertise.  Let's see -- B. J. Swanson,
banker of some 30 years experience, member of the Latah Economic
Development Council, Chair of the Gritman Board, and past president of the
Moscow Chamber of Commerce versus "Typist the Terrible," perpetual student,
tiresome list-twit, and professional wiper of unnaturally large bottoms.
Gosh, what a hard choice.  Does Donovan offer free checking?