[Vision2020] Moscow is for Everybody

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 6 20:40:14 PDT 2005

As someone who has had the better part of 5
generations of my family served by Moscow, and having
been born here, I would like to say that Moscow has
always been for everyone.

The Moscow I know and love is not the one of V2020.
The one I love is the one where I can walk downtown
and talk to people I know, and meet new people I do
not. The Moscow I love is where I can meet an old man
and talk about my family and his and what they were
doing 50 years ago. What I like about Moscow is the
sense of commitment to community.

Moscow has been about diversity, tolerance,
acceptance, and respect for others, regardless of
their religious, social, economic, and political
differences.

Modernization has not destroyed Moscow in the past, it
certainly will not destroy it in the future. Whether
it is trains to planes, mail to email, or the addition
of big retail stores, Moscow has survived with the
times.

However, what will kill our community is the hostile
attitude of some people in the community. Particularly
comments from new and first generation Moscow
residents that disregard our courteous past and say
things like "Do not let the door hit your ass on the
way out". Especially when such comments are directed
to members of the community that have dedicated a
great deal of time and energy into building up the
community.

If people are really worried about the future of
Moscow, they should not be concentrating on the
acceptance or denial of a 20,000 sq ft. building. They
should be focusing on the acceptance of each other as
a community.

There are those that like to build and those that like
to destroy. Chris and Mark are men that built.

I think the loss of Chris and Mark is a great loss for
Moscow. They did so much for this community, and the
response of some is disgraceful to the past character
of Moscow. We should be thanking them, and encouraging
them to stay and continue their work. Not shunning
them.

And as usual, the ones that condemn them, are so
ignorant of the many good things they did for Moscow
and Latah.

But as the saying goes, "No good deed goes
unpunished."

Donovan J Arnold

--- "joanopyr at earthlink.net" <joanopyr at earthlink.net>