[Vision2020] Goodbye, cruel Moscow!

joanopyr at earthlink.net joanopyr at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 6 11:02:06 PDT 2005

Hello, Visionaries!

Saundra Lund tells me that my self-imposed Vision 2020 hiatus ended at 9:08 pm last night.  Wow.  Time flies.  And guess what?  I find this morning that I've got something to say . . .

1) Goodbye, Mark Seman.  Leaving so soon?  Here's your hat; what's your hurry?  Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.  So long, farewell, auf wiedersehn, good-byyyyeeee!  What was that you posted this morning anyway -- the world's longest "I'm going to eat some worms" note?  Sheesh!

(This is great, folks!  Now that Mark's gone, we can all go back to scratching our hairy fat bellies, cleaning our ears with our truck keys, and picking the bits of boiled possum out of our tooth.  Yee-haw!)

2) Wanted on Moscow City Council: former contestants from the Camp Wimpadoodle Punt, Kick and Pass Competition.  Last night, I sat through 536 hours of city council hearing regarding proposed changes to downtown zoning.  I sat there, and sat there, and sat there, and what happened?  Nothing.  The city council talked about flag-pole lots for several years, but as soon as the issue of proposed zoning changes came up, they drop-kicked that baby straight into the lap of Planning and Zoning.  With the sole brave exception of Nancy Chaney -- who had da noive to suggest that as elected officials, city council members had some obligation to offer P & Z guidance on this issue -- the rest of city council behaved as if they'd just been handed a large, urinating toad.  If they didn't get rid of it ASAP, by God, they were going to get warts.  Honestly, it was like being in the cat room at the Humane Society -- everywhere you looked, a great big puss.

3) A question: why is it that when city code has been badly misinterpreted, we look at rewriting that code rather than at firing the misinterpreter?  New St. Andrews College is illegally located in the Central Business District.  Why are we considering rewriting the downtown zoning code rather than terminating the city employee(s) who told them they could locate there?  It's my understanding that there are quite a few knowledgeable folk currently on "hiatus" from Facilities Management at the University of Idaho who would love to be employed by the City of Moscow *accurately* interpreting the code.  Let's hire one or two of them, shall we?

Ciao!

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.auntie-establishment.com