[Vision2020] Moscow's fortune cookie crumbles?

debismith at moscow.com debismith at moscow.com
Thu Jul 7 20:23:09 PDT 2005

Hysterical!!! Thanks, as usual, for the best laugh I've had today!!
Debi R-S

From:           	"joanopyr at earthlink.net" <joanopyr at earthlink.net>
To:             	"Vision2020 Moscow" <vision2020 at moscow.com>
Date sent:      	Wed, 6 Jul 2005 19:10:32 -0700
Subject:        	[Vision2020] Moscow's fortune cookie crumbles?
Send reply to:  	joanopyr at earthlink.net
	<mailto:vision2020-request at moscow.com?subject=subscribe>

Phil Nisbet writes (soberly, one wonders?):

"But this is not Lorne Doone and we can not remain frozen in time here in Moscow, stagnant
and unmindful of the rest of the world."

Lorne Doone, eh?  Hmm . . . what are our interpretive options here?  Does Phil mean Lorna
Doone the Nabisco wafer?  If so, then I can assure him that they have a remarkably long shelf-
life.  In fact, pay no heed to that expiration date on the box -- you can dip the cardboard itself
in a cup of tea and it will taste much the same.  Or does Phil mean Brigadoon, the dreadful
1950s musical starring that awful, beefy, poor man's version of Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly?  As I
recall, Brigadoon was only accessible to strangers once every hundred years or so, and if any
of the residents tried to leave, they'd age rapidly and fall to bits.  Is this the fate that awaits
Mark Seman?

Don't go, Mark!  I take it all back!  I don't know about ya'll, but if I were to pass a tall pile of
bitter architect dust every time I drove down to Lewiston, I'd probably feel a mite guilty.

No relation to Lorne Greene, I am,

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.auntie-establishment.com