[Vision2020] Moscow's fortune cookie crumbles?

joanopyr at earthlink.net joanopyr at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 6 19:10:32 PDT 2005

Phil Nisbet writes (soberly, one wonders?):

"But this is not Lorne Doone and we can not remain frozen in time here in Moscow, stagnant and unmindful of the rest of the world."

Lorne Doone, eh?  Hmm . . . what are our interpretive options here?  Does Phil mean Lorna Doone the Nabisco wafer?  If so, then I can assure him that they have a remarkably long shelf-life.  In fact, pay no heed to that expiration date on the box -- you can dip the cardboard itself in a cup of tea and it will taste much the same.  Or does Phil mean Brigadoon, the dreadful 1950s musical starring that awful, beefy, poor man's version of Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly?  As I recall, Brigadoon was only accessible to strangers once every hundred years or so, and if any of the residents tried to leave, they'd age rapidly and fall to bits.  Is this the fate that awaits Mark Seman?

Don't go, Mark!  I take it all back!  I don't know about ya'll, but if I were to pass a tall pile of bitter architect dust every time I drove down to Lewiston, I'd probably feel a mite guilty.

No relation to Lorne Greene, I am,

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.auntie-establishment.com