[Vision2020] The Future

melyndahuskey at earthlink.net melyndahuskey at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 6 10:19:32 PDT 2005

Carl, you're a lot more generous than I am.

Mark, I wish you well wherever you end up, in that more sophisticated,
high-quality, really grown-up and cool city of your dreams where people
appreciate business, art, development, commerce, progress, and, most
importantly, you.

Here in Moscow, of course, all of us small-minded hicks, yahoos, and
Philistines will just continue along our hayseed way, saying silly folksy
things like "It's a poor workman who blames his tools."  Yep, we'll just
hang around here making trouble, not understanding what progress is, or
art, or community development.  That's how we are, ungrateful and dumb.

It's heartening to know, though, that you think we might improve someday,
and even be worthy of your return.  It gives us something to hope for, I
guess.  And we can watch from a distance while you show us all what you
could have done in Moscow, too.

Melynda Huskey
Moscow native with an axe to grind