[Vision2020] Spain Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 2 06:00:49 PDT 2005

Pat, Jford, and Fox,

I agree with you Pat that no Church should be forced
to perform any marriage they do not consider moral or
ethical. But on the same note, can you prevent a
Church from practicing same sex marriage of two people
they believe should be married?

I think the research that homosexuality is not a
choice and is in fact biological, genetic, or at the
very least neo-natal, is pretty overwhelming. Every
scientist that studies mammals has found a certain
percentage of the population homosexual, i.e.,
exclusively having sexual relationships with opposite
gender, even in monogamous relationships. They find
this behavior also in some birds, insects, and sea
creatures. I believe it is least common in reptiles,
many of which can change genders.

Also, the brains of these animals, when dissected are
found to be different, more like the opposite
gender's, in regions of brain that involve sexuality,
particularly in the hypothalamus.

J Ford,

Homosexuality does not have to be classified as a
psychological disorder. If there is evidence that
homosexuality is physiological, homosexuality could be
a genetic disability that prevents a person from being
able to have meaningful sexual relationships with
members of the opposite gender. They cannot have
children, raise kids, etc., without artificial
creations, or accommodations, i.e., adoptions.

Mr. Fox,

Most diagnosed disabilities are in fact psychological
disabilities and their personalities can be considered
"ratty", as you put it, to main stream social
standards. Persons with emotional and behavioral
disabilities are the MOST discriminated group of
people with disabilities in the world.
People assume that because they can control their
emotions, reactions, and behavior, that all people
can. So they assign blame to a person, rather then a
disability inside their brain that prevents them from
controlling their misbehavior or properly assessing
what is the proper behavior for a given situation. In
many cases they cannot. So when someone with a
disability says something rude, impolite, disruptive,
or something outside the acceptable norm, like “that
was out of line”, they assume it was done
intentionally. This is not usually the case. Most
people are nice, they do not understand “social
norms”, or are incapable of accessing social contexts.
 But nonetheless, they are treated and expected to be
in 100% control of their partially damaged neurons and
act like everybody else.

Over 70% of persons with disabilities are either
unemployed or way underemployed. It is not mostly
because people are offended by a wheelchair, it is
because employers do not wish to hire someone that
cannot adhere to social and behavioral norms around
customers and other workers. You can accommodate for a
ramp for a wheel chair, but you cannot accommodate
easily for someone that might say or do something
inappropriate or offensive to co-workers or customers.

Donovan J Arnold