[Vision2020] Mr. Tolerance

DonaldH675 at aol.com DonaldH675 at aol.com
Sat Jan 29 12:53:38 PST 2005

Visionaries:

Doug Wilson, recent *victim* of local Intoleristas, has this to say about
the ecumenical prayer service following Bush's 2nd inauguration. (
_http://dougwils.com/_ (http://dougwils.com/)  dated January 29,  2005)

"And so I will say it again. Any Christian leader who participates in (as
in, attends) any inter-faith worship event (from prayer breakfasts to National
Cathedral services), as distinct from inter-denominational events, is guilty
of  idolatry, and is guilty of leading the people of God into idolatry. Voting
for  President Bush is not idolatry; reasonable Christians can differ on this,
and I  understand why they do. But having your vote for the president become
so  important that you are willing to overlook (or even defend!) the
deliberate  blurring of the difference between Allah and the Father of Jesus Christ is
idolatry."
_http://dougwils.com/_ (http://dougwils.com/)

By the way, the punishment, under Mosaic Law, for idolatry is  death. (Ex.
22:20.)  And this vitriolic message is from the man who  claims the political
liberals in Moscow are intolerant.
I wonder why Jim Fisher never seems to investigate this aspect of the
Wilson's theology?

Rose Huskey

"One cannot  level one's moral lance at every evil in the universe. There are
just too many  of them. But you can do something, and the difference between
doing something  and doing nothing is everything." Daniel Berrigan