[Vision2020] Re: Zoning Code and NSA (archives ) READ § 4-11-9 (80) and §...

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 28 02:27:05 PST 2005

Mr Hansen,

You write,
"I agree with the spirit of your comment, Mr. Arnold, however New Saint
Andrews College is NOT accredited.  It is a candidate for accreditation with
the Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools
(www.tracs.org), and has been since November 2002, as reflected within the
NSA website at:"

That was it! Thanks for reminding me. I could not remember the name of that
association.

But you continue with this false statement,

"They (NSA) want to maintain their tax-exempt status as a school.  Yet they
wish to remain on Main Street, feeling that they do not violate land use
code, as they consider themselves to be a commercial entity."

No, that is not what the law says. The Moscow Chamber of Commerce, Goodwill,
the Center for Disabilities and Human Development, and the Disabilities
Action Center are all both Commercial and non-profit and downtown. They are
all commercial according to the city code definition as well, in that they
sell a product or service or rent something. A school, or institute of
learning, like an elementary, junior high, or secondary school, can also be
downtown. Only Accredited or State Board Approved Colleges and Universities
cannot be. That only means UI.

BTW, you must of been out of town hey?

Take care,

Donovan J Arnold