RE: [Vision2020] Re: Zoning Code and NSA (archives ) READ § 4-11-9 (80) and §...

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Jan 27 19:26:30 PST 2005

Donovan Arnold stated:

"In summary, NSA is accredited; I am sure from some religious group, but not

by the NWCCU as required by law. NSA is also approved to teach some courses
K-12 by the state. But it is not authorized by the State Board to teach or
NWCCU to teach on the college or university level."

I agree with the spirit of your comment, Mr. Arnold, however New Saint
Andrews College is NOT accredited.  It is a candidate for accreditation with
the Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools
(www.tracs.org), and has been since November 2002, as reflected within the
NSA website at:

http://www.nsa.edu/mainpage/profile.html

They (NSA) want to maintain their tax-exempt status as a school.  Yet they
wish to remain on Main Street, feeling that they do not violate land use
code, as they consider themselves to be a commercial entity.

The bottom line is:

YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS.

Enough said (for the time being).

Until then . . .