[Vision2020] Revitalizing Downtown: Alternate Suggestions [Apology]

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Thu Jan 27 18:23:49 PST 2005

Normal Folks,

Alert readers have notified me of two grievous errors in my prior post in which I said:

"...Bob Greene and spouse Betsy..."

They are, in fact, not married to each other, but each is married to another charming, intelligent person.  I am sorry for my haste and ignorance, and any resulting confusion.

By far, my most egregious error occurred when I said:

"There is not much to choose from between the two cults, except:

1.    The Aryan Nations are much more honest and forthright about their repugnant beliefs and political goals.

2.    Though Aryan Nations leader Richard Butler has been dead for several months, he still passes the smell test with higher marks than Cult Master Douglas Wilson."

The last sentence above should have read:

"2.    Though Aryan Nations leader Richard Butler has been dead for several months, he gets higher marks on the smell test than Cult Master Douglas Wilson."

I sincerely apologize to those who where justifiably and absolutely incensed that I would assert that either the corpse or the live, but ailing sociopath would even come close to passing the smell test.  As a penitence I will now have some Cinnamon Swirl Ice Cream or maybe some Lemon Marsala (or maybe both).

Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)
deco at moscow.com