Re: [Vision2020] Re: Zoning Code and NSA (archives ) READ § 4-11-9 (80) and §...

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Thu Jan 27 10:27:10 PST 2005

All, (except the yellow-bellies/craven crackpots afraid to sign their own names, most likely to conceal their embarrassment of the knowing asininity/dishonesty of their posts and the masters they are so willingly and blindly serving),

First, I would like to state unequivocally and as strongly as possible that I believe that NSA has right to exist and to operate.  Like all of us living under the great constitution in this great country, the persons behind and in support of NSA and its parent cult have a legal right to express their points of view and to construct institutions to promulgate those points of view.

It is well known that I disagree vehemently with their points of view and the hypocritical lack of honesty, etc. that the cult leadership exhibits.

But like many of the others on this list who think the cult is excrementitious blot on humankind, I cherish the freedom of expression we all enjoy and would absolutely disagree with anyone who would seek to abridge the cult's legal rights to express their points of view.

The legal issue being debated is not whether NSA has a right to exist/operate but whether they have legal right to operate in Moscow's downtown commercial district.

Donovan argues that the following passage from the definition of educational institutions does not apply to NSA:

"...giving advanced academic instructions as approved by the State Board of Education..."

since NSA is not accredited.

Perhaps Donovan did not read Ms. Lund's prior post carefully enough.

NSA is approved by the state to offer classes and diplomas.  Once they applied for accreditation by an non-state accrediting agency, by law/rule they are granted this approval by the State Board of Education.  You need not take my word for this.  NSA president Roy Atwood testified to this under oath at a state tax appeal hearing; cult attorney Gregor Dickison also argued the same during the hearing.

It is going to be interesting to see if NSA is now going to argue in this zoning proceeding that they are not approved by the state.  If they do, I will assure that at least two things will happen:

1.    A bar complaint will be filed.
2.    A request for a perjury prosecution will be initiated.

Actually, this case presents an wonderful opportunity for the cult and for most downtown businesses.

There is presently available one large property and soon to be at least two more large properties within the City of Moscow which are properly zoned for NSA activities.  These properties have adequate off-street parking and large, well constructed buildings.  All of these properties and buildings are sufficiently large to accommodate NSA, Anselm House activities, and include a worship center for Christ Church.

By unconfirmed hearsay I understand that the owners of one of these properties frequently sells its unused/surplus properties to civic, nonprofit, and/or religious groups at a considerably lower price than they would to a commercial buyer (for obvious business reasons).

The arrangement would benefit everyone.  The cult could profit from the sale of their downtown properties (they might even make money on such a move) and thus give the downtown area opportunities for more retail businesses/services and their added drawing power for other downtown businesses;  the cult could centralize their activities/control/security and at the same time free up parking space in the downtown lot for use by patrons of downtown businesses; etc., etc.

I hope this is one case where the cult can put their dishonesty and pride behind and make a sensible business and operational decision that would benefit all and remove them from a legal, public relations, and ethical quandary.

Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)
deco at moscow.com