[Vision2020] Beauty speaks for itself

Fiat Lux fiat_lx at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 26 22:48:34 PST 2005

Hi all,
Political and religious ideologies aside, let's talk
aesthetics for a moment.  The restorative treatment of
the building now occupied by NSA is to be commended
and appreciated by all.  Both the external and
internal work, at least from what I see in the
restaurant area, is very pleasing to the senses and
raises the bar, with regard to street appeal, for
other businesses in the downtown core.  The inside of
Zume is a beautiful space.   Beautification is good.

I do not know what (if anything) the city ordinances
have to say about maintenance standards for buildings
in the downtown core, but what NSA brings to our town
in this regard should be inspiring, not threatening.
There are other historic buildings in the downtown
core, that could benefit from similar treatment.
Sadly, some of Moscow's grand, old, cornerstone
buildings have achieved eyesore status.   The
condition of our town's prominent buildings speaks
volumes about our community, to those of us who live
here full time as well as the many visitors who pass
through.  Attractive buildings hurt no one.  Let's
include them as an integral part of our hopes and
"vision" for Moscow.

Yours truly,
Fiat Lux