[Vision2020] Global warming approaching critical point

Dan Carscallen predator75 at moscow.com
Tue Jan 25 10:50:27 PST 2005

Wayne said:
"Recently two large groups of well-respected, well-credentialed
scientists
have issued dire warnings on global warming.  Their is work based upon a

great deal of systematic research.  Of course, as with any scientific
prediction, their predictions could be wrong as it is a complex matter
and
we don't have all the facts yet.  However, given a choice between
present
science and crack-potism, I choose science."

The trouble with scientists who are well-respected and well-credentialed
making these claims is that they are beholden to their benefactors.  If
the Sierra Club is paying a nice chunk of change to your university,
which side of the issue are you going to come down on?  And there are
crackpots on both sides.  That was just the link at the top of the page
when I put in my search criteria.

I'm not denying that the earth might just be getting warmer.  I wouldn't
deny that the earth might be getting colder.  I just don't think mankind
has all that great an effect on it.  While the jungles of Brazil may be
shrinking, so is the Sahara:

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BFU/is_8_88/ai_99848795

Also, there is an argument that global warming may have a net positive
effect:

http://www.globalwarming.org/article.php?uid=532

Tit for tat?

DC