[Vision2020] The Old Man & the Marine

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Mon Jan 24 18:59:22 PST 2005

All:

When I first saw the subject line of this post I thought it might be a story
using Hemingway's classic "The Old Man and the Sea" as a jumping off point to
explore a theme relating to the Marines.

Instead what was posted was not nearly as promising as what I anticipated ...
it was rather silly, and often inaccurate.

Bush spends a lot of time away from the White House, like before 9/11, after
some serious warning flags and gone up, from people who were experts on the
subject, that a major terrorist attack on US soil was in the works, when Bush
took an extended vacation away from D.C. and The White House.

Perhaps Coop would like to explain this behavior of our current commander in
chief before 9/11?  AWOL might be an appropriate term, considering Bush's
National Guard Service, or the lack thereof?

Ted Moffett