[Vision2020] Global warming approaching critical point

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Mon Jan 24 17:36:11 PST 2005

Wayne et. al.

This seems to be the attitude of many people, that is even if they recognize
a real threat: let future generations deal with the destructive effects of
rapid global warming.

Want to bet on whether Bush's poodle Tony Blair will succeed in getting W. to
actually do something significant to slow global warming?

I bet Bush just laughs.  After all, he has a "mandate" and lots of "political
capital." Why do anything to increase regulation of oil and coal industries
when Bush's mantra of deregulation and the magic of the marketplace can now be
pushed with even more vigor?  Besides, worrying about global warming is such a
liberal democrat attitude, unsuitable for a tough Texas oil man.  His oil and
energy corporate buddies would be calling in the heavy hitting congressional
lobby armies to fight efforts to reduce the use of oil and coal if the Bush
administration suddenly went "green."  And remember, evolution is just a theory,
and so is global warming, so Bush's vast and detailed understanding of
science and the scientific method (sic) assures a balanced approach to protecting
the environment while not ruining our economy.

I feel so secure knowing we have a man of supreme intellect and long term
foresight (sic), who will fully consider the impact of our present course on
future generations, guiding the most powerful nation on earth.

> Byers said it was vital Blair secured U.S. cooperation in tackling climate
> change. U.S. President George W. Bush has rejected the Kyoto accord, arguing
> that the carbon emission cuts it demands would damage the U.S. economy.

Ted Moffett