[Vision2020] What is Postmodernism Anyway?

Nick Gier ngier at uidaho.edu
Sat Jan 22 16:23:44 PST 2005

Greetings:

Sorry for so many posts.  A while back I was surprised at the number of
philosopher most responsible for deconstructive postmodernism.  It led to
an invitation to give a sermon on the topic at the Unitarian Church.  That
will be tomorrow at 9:30 or 11 AM at Second and Van Buren in Moscow.

Hope to see some of you there.

Nick Gier

"Modern physics has taught us that the nature of any system cannot be
discovered by dividing it into its component parts and studying each part
by itself. . . .We must keep our attention fixed on the whole and on the
interconnection between the parts. The same is true of our intellectual
life. It is impossible to make a clear cut between science, religion, and
art. The whole is never equal simply to the sum of its various parts."
--Max Planck

Nicholas F. Gier
Professor Emeritus, Department of Philosophy, University of Idaho
1037 Colt Rd., Moscow, ID 83843
http://users.adelphia.net/~nickgier/home.htm
208-882-9212/FAX 885-8950
President, Idaho Federation of Teachers, AFL-CIO
http://users.adelphia.net/~nickgier/ift.htm