[Vision2020] MLK RIP

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Thu Jan 20 10:00:20 PST 2005

After two weeks of spotty-at-best Internet access, imagine my delight at
being reliably connected so I can keep up with local happenings.  Then I
read Captain Kirker's post below . . .

I would like to go on record as stating that the final example -- Doug
Jones' Credenda article from years back about a day of plagiarism and
adultery to honor Dr. King -- is one of the the most vile pieces of excreta
I have ever read from someone who claims to know Christ.  Jones' attempt at
satire and pungent social commentary reveals him to be calloused beyond
belief, shallow beyond imagination, and hateful beyond redemption if he has
not repented.  Much more could be said, but I'll close with this:

You were born white and male and are thus privileged if only for those two
characteristics.  You are further soaked in the privilege of education,
enfranchisement, and the enthusiastic exercise of unearned power.  You
gleefully heap scorn on the poor and the hurting and you mock those who are
oppressed.  May God have mercy on your soul, and on mine for the disgust I
feel towards you.

My God.

keely emerine mix