[Vision2020] Re: The consequences of losing the Iraq war

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Jan 20 06:12:40 PST 2005

I agree with you more than words can say, Joan.

In fact I am waiting for Bush to take another quote from Tricky Dick Nixon:
Withdrawal with Honor.  After President Johnson had realized that he had
been lied to by General Westmoreland concerning US successes in Vietnam, he
(Johnson) withdrew from the 1968 election feeling responsible to the
American people for the lies told him by his subordinates.  In response to
the peoples' fervor over our continued failings in Vietnam, Nixon campaigned
on "Withdrawal with Honor".  The war continued until August 1975.

I have an old shirt that I wore at another rally years and years ago:
"Southeast Asia War Games, Second Place"  The names and the faces have
changed.  But it is still the same game, just another venue.

And the beat goes on.

"Patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion but the tranquil
and steady dedication of a lifetime."

--Adlai E. Stevenson, Jr.

  _____