[Vision2020] Mandate shmandate

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 19 13:04:07 PST 2005

More than 122 million people voted in the November election.  62,028,719
voted for George W. Bush.  59,028,550 votes were cast for John Kerry.
President Bush claims a mandate.  If I was watching Gonzaga play Duke for
the NCAA basketball championship (I can dream) and Gonzaga pulled out a
62-59 win with a 3 shot point at the buzzer, I wouldn't be claiming a
decisive win for the Bulldogs.  Where, exactly, as we are poised for the
opulent inauguration tomorrow, is the mandate?

           Carl Westberg Jr.