[Vision2020] Fw: Get the Word Out – with Buy Blue Gear

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 18 22:41:30 PST 2005

Dear Blue Visionaries (Red Visionaries can ignore this message, or, if they prefer, take it as a reverse buying guide):

I'm forwarding the following from BuyBlue.org.  It's a handy little guide to where (and where not) to spend our Blue dollars.  For example, the Home Depot is evil; Moscow Building Supply is good.  And, even better, Moscow Building Supply is locally-owned, not to mention convenient.   The list goes on and on, but here -- read for yourself.

Blue right down to my drawers,
Auntie Establishment

PS: Attention 49 percenters -- you voted for someone else on November 4th, but alas, that wasn't enough.  Now, George and Dick are claiming that the 50.8% who voted for them have given them a mandate to run riot over the rest of us.  Well, mandate my fanny.  Half of us said no to four more years of lies, war, bad economics, and the erosion of the wall between church and state.  Half.  That's 56 million American voters.  We're here; we're not moving to Canada; and we have work to do, and that work begins this Thursday with Bush's second mandate-free inauguration.  To mark the beginning of our brand new fight, there will be a 49% Rally this Thursday at noon in Friendship Square.  We'll have games, speakers, music from the Peace Band, and a lovely, hand-made pine coffin on display, filled with those things that George W. Bush and nominees like Alberto Gonzales and Michael Chertoff would love to bury: the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, those "quaint" Geneva Conventions and our independent judiciary.  So come one, come all!  Listen to the music.  Listen to the speakers.  Send a postcard to George W. Bush telling him exactly where he can stick his mandate.  And, as an added incentive, winners of the "Pin the Lies on Bush" game will get a free sucker -- because it's better to eat one than to be one!

>From BuyBlue.org:

Still have that Kerry bumper sticker on your car? I do too, but not for long! We’ve got the goods and soon you will too! It’s official. The Buy Blue Store is open and it’s time to show your true blue colors.

Buy Blue is a message that will ring true with 56+ million people. The challenge is reaching them. Every day we spend on average 1/2 hour to hour in our cars driving. Here’s an opportunity to support the efforts of buyblue.org and communicate in a very simple yet effective way. Slap a Buyblue.org bumper sticker on your vehicle. Not into bumper stickers – then slap on a car magnet or static cling window decal. The key here is getting the word out beyond your circle of influence.  We only win in large numbers, that is how we become a market force bringing about a whirlwind of change.

Besides bumper stickers, car magnets, static cling window decals and t-shirts, the store also has 1/2" diameter Buyblue.org ink stampers. Now this is a fun little gadget that is sure to create a stir. Here are just a few things you can stamp to get the word out: envelopes, letters, bills, checks – really most anything that moves from person to person. Got any ideas of your own? We’d love to hear about them.

Visit the Buy Blue Store today (http://www.buybluestore.com/) and let your friends and family in on the scoop. Better yet, share the love and buy them something too!Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com