[Vision2020] Alberto Gonzales

DonaldH675 at aol.com DonaldH675 at aol.com
Thu Jan 6 10:40:57 PST 2005

Visionaries:

I watched as much as I could stand of the Alberto Gonzales confirmation
hearing this morning.   I used to think that John Ashcroft was as bad an attorney
general as the U.S. could stand, I now realize that I was wrong.  Ashcroft was
a simple-minded, uninspired loyalist whose ass belonged to Rumsfelt, Cheney
etc. and who was rewarded for doing what he was told.  The intellectual
equivalent of Jethro Bodine.  Dangerous perhaps, but mostly just stupid. Gonzales is a
whole new kettle of fish - he's smart, and after listening to his testimony
this a.m. is clearly morally bankrupt.

This man isn't fit to be a grade school principal - I take that back, he
could serve on the spanking brigade at Logos - but of course, based on his prior
career experience, it is more likely that he would serve as their legal counsel
and craft a legal opinion on why it is okay to physically abuse children to
order to *teach* them a lesson.

I am sickened by this nomination, and sickened by the partisan support this
evil man is receiving.

Rose Huskey

"One cannot level one's moral lance at every evil in the universe. There are
just too many of them. But you can do something, and the difference between
doing something and doing nothing is everything." Daniel Berrigan