[Vision2020] The Recall

John Danahy jdanahy at turbonet.com
Wed Jan 5 21:52:12 PST 2005

Joan writes:

I agree that the recall should be discussed on 2020, but I think it's
important to take note of the way in which this recall is being conducted --
in the dark, the petition being circulated by "anonymous" businessmen,.

Why is it important to take note?  Why not just support the decision of the
council?

Again Joan writes:

Now, you ask what's sleazy, what's sinister, what's irrational and little
boy about this recall effort?

            But I didn't ask!!  I suggested that the words used above were
not directed at the recall effort but at Dr. Weitz.  Why not engage in civil
discourse without inflammatory language?  Why not discuss the issues and not
the people?  The fact that the DN reported this interview on page one is why
I don't read it.

 And lastly Joan writes:

I think it's worth noting that neither Lois nor Bill are entirely subsumed
by the Moscow Civic Association.  They are members of that organization, but
first and foremost, they are private citizens, and they are taxpaying
residents of the City of Moscow.  Why assume when they speak, they speak
always for the MCA?  Sometimes, unless they indicate otherwise, I would
assume they speak for themselves.

I don't think I assumed that they were speaking for anyone but themselves,
but the fact that they both have a close association with the MCA is
appropriate.

John

  _____