[Vision2020] Lois, the MCA, and Weitz's recall effort

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 5 14:33:42 PST 2005

Lois is President of the MCA, but if she's writing as a private citizen and not on behalf of that organization, then she's correct not to include her MCA title.  E.g., I never sign my letters "Archbishop of Moscow" unless I'm speaking on behalf of The Church of Auntie Establishment.

The Church has not yet achieved consensus on Gerry Weitz's Viola-based efforts to oust Pall, Dickinson, and Chaney.  In my own opinion, as far as Dr. Weitz's involvement is concerned, this is a "vanity recall."  The claim that the three named members of the City Council are out to shaft parochial students seems specious at best.  At worst, I suspect it's part of a back-handed effort by like-minded members of the City Council to rid themselves of three members who think a little differently.

BTW, if you're really interested in the ins and outs of this recall, then I suggest you ask around town and find out just who is circulating this petition, and what their connection might be to sitting council members.  Moscow's old boy network is at it again.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment