[Vision2020] Pot Calling Kettle: Remember hatesplotch.net

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 28 19:21:22 PST 2005

Saundra,

You write,

“For those of you offended by Auntie Establishment's La Kirka Nostra
parody,”

First, thank you for acknowledging La Kirka Nostra as a parody. Even your
acknowledgment makes it kind of hard for others to deny the validity in
seeing it as that. And thank you for acknowledging that people are hurt and
offended by it—we are now aware that you know your actions are causing pain
and hurt, either by intentional design, or blatant disregard to the feelings
for others in your community.

Second, I cannot fairly comment on the content of "Southern Slavery As It
Was" because I never read it. Nor would I bother. And if I were going to
complain about the bigotry of text I would not start with that book. I would
start with the history text books that every student from 6th – 12th grades
are required to read. Those are just as bigoted and whitewashed as you claim
Wilson’s book is (and I don't doubt that it is). According to school texts,
the US has never been on the wrong side of a war, women never contributed
anything to society, the Indians were a bunch of savages that were doing
wrong by blocking our manifest destiny, and all Blacks were treated equal
since 1865 when they were freed by Abe. So if we want to start off on
correcting inaccurate bigoted historical text, that is where we should start
off, not a tiny book printed in limited quantities written by a religious
conservative that 99.999999999+% of the world never heard of and ¾ of the
copies were probably sold because of liberals bringing attention to it.

Third, I would appreciate it if you would include in your accusations that I
supported hatessplog.com some form of evidence that I did. I am assuming you
have some evidence that I supported this trashy website because I know you
wouldn’t stoop to the level of making unsubstantiated claims about people
without anything to back it up.

Finally,

“Remember, anyone who *dares* to disagree with Doug Wilson in any shape,
fashion, or form has been lumped into the category of his bloated definition
of ‘Intolerista’."

Likewise,

“Remember, anyone who *dares* to disagree with the V2020 Anti-Wilson group
in any shape, fashion, or form has been lumped into a category of their
bloated definition of Bigots.

There is no difference between the two, really—there isn’t. Bigotry and
hatred on the right is the same as bigotry and hatred on the left, it is
still bigotry and hatred.

Hatesblog.net was a horrible mean website, you are correct about that. And
for people on the left to do that same thing isn’t any better even if in
your own eyes it is not as hurtful and bigoted. It is still wrong, and still
hurtful. Your only justification for it is that they did it first. And the
fact that you have to be drudging the sewers of the internet and bringing up
hatesblog.net to justify hateful actions should tell you something right
there.

I just ask you stop with the meanness and bigotry-even if they started it
first.

Take care,

Donovan J Arnold