[Vision2020] Open debate

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 28 01:08:01 PST 2005

Hello Rose,

You write,

>"Vision 2020 is a forum for public debate.  No single member is or  should
>be
>in a position to control the conversation, set the ground rules or  decide
>what is or is not a matter of interest or a worthy topic. ."

Nor should the same five people be attacking the character of anyone that
disagrees with them. Which is what is going on V2020 for last almost year.
Especially if they don't like 50% or plus of the conversation degrading and
attacking one group of people in our community.

>"Silence is assent.  If you doubt that, review the history of the  German
>people prior to World War II. Humor is a powerful weapon, even, or  perhaps
>especially, when it is pointed. It is one that I prefer to  use in the hope
>of
>deflecting the stones that will be literally  thrown by the enthusiastic
>supporters
>of a theocratic government, if their  political dreams come true. "

Well, Ms. Huskey, perhaps if you ever become the victim of sharp wit and
character assignation through humor, you might change your mind on the
kindness of this venue of attack. I personally would rather get hit with a
stone than be on the sharp end of some painful cruel language presented on
websites and V2020 pointed at Wilson or anyone that so much as says hi to
him. Bruises heal, but words burn forever.

If you believe that silence on an issue is assent, then you must agree with
the decision of Gritman and UI to cut off 25% of the population from
adequate health care so the other 75% could get great care, because I
haven't heard anything about this issue for you other than how great the
facilities have become for you since this action was taken.

Take care,

Donovan J Arnold