[Vision2020] Troy Lions academic scholarships

Thomas Saylor tsaylor at tds.net
Sun Feb 27 10:28:34 PST 2005

The Troy Lions Club offers scholarships to graduating high school seniors

TROY, IDAHO: The Troy Lions Club is offering academic scholarships to
Troy-area high school seniors. The club has four scholarships of $1,000
each available to graduating seniors who live in the Troy school district.

Eligible students include those who attend Troy High School, are home
schooled, attend private schools, or are enrolled in the Moscow school
district. To qualify, the applicant's family must reside in the Troy school
district.

Applicants will be judged on community service, academic achievement, and
financial need. Scholarships may be applied to college or
vocational-technical education.

The Troy Lions Club awards scholarships annually to area high school
seniors as part of its commitment to the Troy community. This year marks an
increase in the number of available scholarships, and a widening of the
eligibility pool to include home-schooled students and students who attend
out-of-district schools.

"Our funds are raised from the Troy community, and we want to ensure
opportunities for all students living in the Troy school district,
regardless of where they attend school," said Troy Lions President Tom
Saylor. "These scholarships represent the highest and best use of our
funds, and all area graduating seniors will be able to apply."

Applications are available from the Troy Lions Club by contacting Wayne
Gash at 208.835.2255; writing to the Troy Lions Club, Box 417, Troy Idaho,
83871; or email to <file:///mailto:troylions@tds.net>troylions at tds.net.
Applications must be received by May 1, 2005 to be considered.