[Vision2020] Gritman's Community Service

Debbie Gray dgray at uidaho.edu
Fri Feb 25 10:36:56 PST 2005

I would also like to chime in about how wonderful Gritman is. My
family and I have had extensive experiences in these hospitals:

Gritman
St. Joe's in Lewiston
Deaconess in Spokane
UW Medical Center in Seattle
Virginia Mason Hospital in Seattle
Pullman Hospital

Gritman has by far exceeded the quality of care and personal service
of each of these hospitals, except for Deaconess (where I was for
weeks w/pregnancy complications in the mother/baby floor and that
place is a dream, it's like a luxury hotel and they are totally
focused on mommy/baby care).

I was disappointed by the UW Medical Center and Virginia Mason. They
were both entirely too big and too busy and just didn't have the time
or capacity to give very personal care. You are truly 'just a number'
in that kind of setting. The doctors are of very high quality but the
hospital stays were not at the same level of quality. St. Joe's was
ridiculously scary (for eg. they brought up my husband's lunch of
chow mein, lifted off the lid and ta-da there was his IV bag of
saline nestled on his chow mein!!!).

Pullman was very good but not nearly as good as Gritman. I think
being a small/medium sized hospital can afford them access to quality
doctors, nurses and equipment but they are small enough to still
provide personalized care.

Debbie Gray