[Vision2020] Gritman's Community Service

DonaldH675 at aol.com DonaldH675 at aol.com
Fri Feb 25 09:32:09 PST 2005

Dave has posted a dead accurate, powerfully worded email that should
resonate in the hearts and minds of most community residents. Those of  us who have
been the fortunate recipients of the care provided at Gritman,  from birthing
babies, to care of terminally ill family members realize the  central place
Gritman holds in our hearts as well as our community. Moscow  is blessed to have
Gritman hospital, its knowledgeable and compassionate staff,  the wise
leadership of a bright, committed, local board of directors,  and the experienced
management which enables our small hospital to offer  extraordinary care.

I particularly appreciated Dave's factual remarks about health care
delivery, insurance, and the University of Idaho.  Further information  about
insurance contracts is available from the University of Idaho, try calling  Student
Health or the Financial Vice President's office for specific  answers to
specific questions.  Remember, filing a public records request  with the University
will yield a wealth of information if one wishes to have  copies of provider
contracts.

I knew Dr. Wilson well, he was a good man and a fine physician - a  kind of
quintessential Norman Rockwell style family doctor.  While Dave and  I probably
don't agree on socialized medicine, I would like to thank him for his  email.
 And Dave, its Ms. BJ Swanson!!!
Rose Huskey

"One cannot  level one's moral lance at every evil in the universe. There are
just too many  of them. But you can do something, and the difference between
doing something  and doing nothing is everything." Daniel Berrigan