[Vision2020] Gritman's Community Service

Dan Carscallen predator75 at moscow.com
Fri Feb 25 08:16:09 PST 2005

Donovan's been saying:
"UI students [are forced]to have expensive health insurance?"

Now, it's been a long time since I rock and rolled . . . Sorry, got on a
Led Zeppelin kick there

Anyhow, been a while since I was a student at the good ol' U of I, and I
recall as we were herded through registration in the mighty Dome, we
were offered insurance, but you were not required to buy it, but it was
suggested if you didn't have any.  Now, I would still imagine that the
UI is not going to *require* you to buy their insurance.  There is
plenty of other insurance available out there.  We have some very
helpful agents in this town who could hook a feller up.

Don't blame Gritman.  And don't get on a bunch of doctors for wanting
paid.  They didn't put in all those years in evil medical school to be
called mister, and they shouldn't have to work for free.

DC