[Vision2020] buffalo

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Feb 22 12:20:26 PST 2005

Ms. Falen states:

" . . . Another is Vandals. This is a derisive term and it's use could imply
an acceptance or approval of distructive behavior. I would be much prouder
of a team who's name was associated with honor, valor, and courage, such as
Braves or Chiefs."

If your term "Vandals" refers to that segment of our society that purposely
destroys/damages others' property, I am in sincere agreement with you.
However, if your term "Vandals" refers to the University of Idaho Vandals,
you are way way way off base.  As an alum of the University of Idaho, I am
very familiar with the University of Idaho "Vandal".  The "Vandal" from
whence UI gets its mascot is " . . . associated with honor, valor, and
courage." But, why take it from me, read about it for yourself:

http://www.roman-empire.net/articles/article-016.html

"Came a tribe from the north true and bold . . . "

Take care, Moscow.

UI '96

Note to Ms. Falen - I understand that the Redskins have an excellent chance
of advancing to the NFL Super Bowl next season.  Your thoughts?

We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are
dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors....but they all
exist very nicely in the same box.