[Vision2020] buffalo

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Tue Feb 22 11:27:23 PST 2005

To everyone. I agree with Ted on the senseless slaughter of buffalo. I respect Native Amaericans. Rhat is a part of my heratage. I suppose the joke, which was sent to me via email by my daughter would have been alright it was an Irishman (my major heritage), whiskey and a Hereford Bull. these had nothing to do with the joke itself. Lighen up everybody, you are being a way tosensitive. I know a Polish lady who says " That sounds a little polish to me" when ever anybody says something dumb. There is no reason to ger bent out of shape over it.
If you want to get on the subject of offensive words try "squaw" that is derisive and should be replaced as a name for anything. Another is Vandals. This is a derisive term and it's use could imply an acceptance or approval of distructive behavior. I would be much prouder of a team who's name was associated with honor, valor, and courage, such as Braves or Chiefs.