[Vision2020] New High School

cburke at wsunix.wsu.edu cburke at wsunix.wsu.edu
Fri Feb 18 11:14:10 PST 2005

That may be so, but the shell game still continues. We are having a
hard enough time filling and paying for the 1912 building. Who is
going to pay for the old school renovation into county offices?
Building a new high school costs more than the cost of the new
school's construction. There are the costs associated with building
infrastructure associated with the new school, as mentioned in
earlier posts, in addition to the renovation costs to the existing
school. All of these costs will be passed to the Latah County tax
payer. I feel that maintaining and building upon the existing sites
is a more prudent financial approach to providing educational
facilities than expanding into farmland.

Charles Burke