[Vision2020] Message from a Christ Church Wife

Christian Burns christian.burns at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 01:28:32 PST 2005

Hello Visionaries, this is Christian Burns' wife Jenni Burns.  I just
want to say that I believe my husband has a great view of what
submission is-Christ is the head of the Church just as the man is the
head of the wife, and Christ was servant of all.  Christian and I have
been married for three years and I have never been so loved and valued
and served in my entire life.  He values me and it heals the wounds of
rejection that others have inflicted.  He is a gentle and loving man
whom I submit to willingly because I trust him fully with my heart
knowing that he understands his responsibility as my protector.

We are a team and we submit ourselves to one another.  He looks for my
imput and holds my thoughts in high esteem.  He waits to confer with
me before he makes decisions and he wont move ahead until he knows
that I feel safe.  But as a wife I know that he is the final word and
I trust him even though I might not feel like he's taking the right
turn sometimes because I know that the responsibility for the outcome
of our family weighs heavily upon his shoulders.

That is my two cents, I am not a beat down wife who has no clue
because I cant think for myself.  Submitting to my husband has caused
me to feel secure and confident in being who God has called me to be.
I believe the truth is that people who have issue with the topic of
submission is fear to fully trust yourself into another's ability to
love or reject-but isn't that what Christ asks from us? to trust Him
fully not knowing the outcome?

A devoted wife, Jenni Burns

ps. Chris has read all the responses and will respond when he has time.