[Vision2020] Robin Hood

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 10 15:44:21 PST 2005

Dear Dave,

I did sleep well last night, but then I was on drugs.  Hydrocodone, that is.  Hillbilly heroin.  Limbaugh tea.  Ya'll come back now, ya hear?  (And, no, I didn't get my dope from Mr. Limbaugh's housekeeper.  My prescription is perfectly legal and my usage perfectly valid.  Anyone who read my post on the dead mouse in my Frosted Flakes will know that I don't have a housekeeper -- Melynda's protestations to the contrary.)

I've been giving some thought, Dave, to your daughter's comment re: the redistribution of wealth.  "That's stealing!"  While I certainly wouldn't accuse you of indoctrinating that innocent young tot with your libertarian thinking, have you ever considered exposing her to some classic children's literature like, say, The Adventures of Robin Hood?  Then again, perhaps Robin Hood is a kind of gateway drug; just as hydrocodone leads one to think of Mr. Limbaugh (if not to think like Mr. Limbaugh), then perhaps Robin Hood and his merry men lead straight to Das Kapital?  Oh, Friar Tuck, what hast thou wrought?

BTW, I spent part of my childhood living in a small town just outside of Detroit.  I think it's quite possible, Dave, that your Lake Michigan blue streak might have drifted across the lower peninsula and settled on the banks of the Detroit River.  Hence, my mother has you to thank as well as my grandfather to blame for my colorful vocabulary.

Tally-ho, my libertarian friend,
Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment