[Vision2020] evangelicals vs. fundamentalists

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 8 22:21:08 PST 2005

I just wish there was a country where most the people let you be what you
wanted to be. A country where you could believe in the most radical and
fundamentalist religion, or no religion at all and people would leave you
alone; not comb through laws and regulations looking for something to bring
you down or harass you.

Sadly, it is not the same group of people that will protect you if you want
to be a fundamentalist Christian or an Atheist. You have to pick one group
or another. You are either a fundy that wants to deny gays, lesbians, women,
and non-christians equal rights; or you are an atheist that wants to deny
Christians their right to worship. I really don't see many people in this
town shooting for another perspective.  This is one of the reasons I believe
in the Second Amendment, because it is needed to protect your First
Amendment rights which are always under threat.

Good Day,

Donovan J Arnold