[Vision2020] Plan to Divide Electoral Votes Progresses

Christian Burns christian.burns at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 10:25:24 PST 2005

Tom,

The story that you were speaking of dealt with awarding electoral
votes based on congressional districts, am I right? I would agree with
a plan like that. The electoral collage is about representation, not
making every vote count. The 2000 fiasco would not have been if what
you are speaking of was the case. Broward county / district was
already going to go for Gore, the question was by how much. Washington
state is dealing with its own fiasco. King county decided the
election. The electoral college should work more like it was intended
to. A candidate should never take for granted one district because
they will be outvoted in another group of metro districts. I would
even go so far as to vote for the actual elector, a person that I can
trust to go to DC and make the call if things get hairy.

not unlimited democracy, representative democracy

Would you approve of an up or down vote on a woman's right to choose?

Christian