[Vision2020] Re: Fiat Lux

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Sun Feb 6 20:09:49 PST 2005

Ted,

We have been told by Fiat Lux the reasons why she/he wants to post anonymously.

Two questions:

1.    Is he/she telling the truth?

2.    Does the syntax and composition of Fiat Lux's postings seem disturbingly familiar (only slightly disguised)?

At his point, Fiat Lux's posts have been fairly innocuous, so no harm done.  If the tenor or intent of those posts change abruptly or slowly over time, then it may be time to revisit the issue.  If an anonymous poster chooses to use non-controversial facts and presents arguments based on those facts, again no harm is done.  Its when questionable facts are unsigned or when cowards hide behind anonymity that regular posters get concerned.

Lets face it.  Almost everyone knows who Captain Kirker is, especially those that wish him harm.  The name "Captain Kirker" is witty, but there is nothing to lose now (despite the claim by one of his allies) by appending his real name to this and other signatures.

Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)
deco at moscow.com